- Use big ornaments, trim, or décor, especially down low.
- Place small ornaments, lights, or other decorations with small pieces on top branches or shelves, above eye (and toddler reach) level.
- Avoid decorations with small items like beads, safety pins, buttons, tacks, or glitter.
- Pick up after yourself, especially keeping small pieces of paper and trim off the floor.
- Opt for larger candies such as candy canes instead of peppermint disks. Keep dishes of hard candies or nuts out of reach.
- Avoid artificial trimmings that look like candy or food.
roses in vase made of candy canes for christmas decoration
via only deco http://www.home-craft-deco.com/2014/11/roses-in-vase-made-of-candy-canes-for.html